Craig's Camp (Ky.)
Wilmington (Boone County, Ky.)
The county seat, Burlington was originally named Craig's Camp for the early settler John Hawkins Craig. The town was first incorporated as Wilmington in 1800, and then renamed Burlington in 1816. Though it has gone through periods of incorporation throughout it's history, it is presently one of the few unincorporated county seats in Kentucky.
The county courthouse, the most prominent building in town, is located on the town square.
USGS GNIS Feature ID: 488440
Filter by property
|Burlington Baptist Church Minute Books||Bibliographic Resource|