Rabbit Hash Doctor's Office (Rabbit Hash, Ky.)



Rabbit Hash Doctor's Office (Rabbit Hash, Ky.)


"This modest frame building was built in the last quarter of the 19th century (exact date unknown). It served as a doctor's office until the 1930s, then remained vacant for about 20 years. It was then used intermittently for the next 50 years. In the 1980s it was renovated and converted to a residence.
"The building is one of several examples of the hall-and-parlor house in the Rabbit Hash area. The main block is a two-room, balloon-framed structure with metal roof, on a limestone foundation. The facade is pierced by three bays arranged in symmetry. The walls are sheathed in stained horizontal hemlock siding. A simple, shed-roofed porch, added in the 1980s, covers the facade. At the rear is a large, one-story addition (not visible from the front elevation), also appended in the 1980s." --National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, Rabbit Hash Historic District


Kentucky Historic Resources Inventory designation: BE 1198

Full address

10214 Lower River Road

Political division

Located within





Target coordinates

686541.506 m
4312437.715 m


Item sets

Rabbit Hash Doctor's Office