William E. Hudson House (Richwood, Ky.)

Item

Title

William E. Hudson House (Richwood, Ky.)

Description

Historic Status: National Register of Historic Places
Floor Plan: Side Passage
This house originally was the centerpiece of a 315-acre farm belonging to William E. Hudson, brother of Samuel W. Hudson, whose farm was located on the north side of Chambers Road. The Hudson brothers were born in Boone County to Elisha and Patsy Kennedy Hudson.1)
William E. Hudson’s house, like that of his brother, is a late Greek Revival residence of austere mien, built in brick. Its asymmetrical facade contains only two bays rather than the customary three. A long kitchen ell, raised to two stories, extends outward from the rear and includes a recessed gallery.
The house currently sits on Lassing Way in Richwood. It was preserved when the farm acreage was developed as the Bedinger’s Landing subdivision. Prior to the development, the house was vacant and deteriorating, it is now being restored.
The House was added to the National Register in 1989.

Has beginning

Construction Date: 1850-1874

Identifier

Kentucky Historic Resources Inventory designation: BE 210

Full address

600 Lassing Way

Political division

Related resource

Latitude

39.05370708

Longitude

-84.8346165

Target coordinates

687371.814 m
4324967.933 m

Bibliographic citation

Historic Structures of Boone County, page 103
"Death Notice of Samuel W. Hudson in Richwood Neighborhood News," Boone County Recorder, (Burlington, KY), January 4, 1899, page 4, column 3. <https://bcp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/search/asset/35171/0>

Source

Item sets

William E. Hudson House

Linked resources

Filter by property

has site
Title Alternate label Class
Hudson family Has site Organization
Kennedy family Has site Organization
Relation
Title Alternate label Class
Hudson, William E. Related resource Person