Richwood Presbyterian Church Building (Richwood, Ky.)

Item

Title

Richwood Presbyterian Church Building (Richwood, Ky.)

Description

The congregation of the church was founded in May 1834 by Reverend Joseph Cabell Harrison, first cousin to President William Henry Harrison. The church was the first Presbyterian congregation in the county. Its 1870 sanctuary, with a sympathetic addition, is still in active use today. The community that grew up around it took its name from the church.
Denomination: Presbyterian

Has beginning

Construction Date: circa 1834

Years duration

1834- Current

Identifier

Boone Co. GIS ID: 1070
Kentucky Historic Resources Inventory designation: BE 207

Full address

1070 Richwood Road, Walton, KY 41094

Parent division/institution

Political division

Located within

Richwood Presbyterian Church Site

Related resource

Latitude

38.89935146

Longitude

-84.65243557

Target coordinates

703579.567 m
4308227.369 m

Bibliographic citation

Survey of Historic Sites, page 73

Source

Item sets

Richwood Presbyterian Church Building

Linked resources

Filter by property

has site
Title Alternate label Class
Richwood Presbyterian Church (Richwood, Ky.) Has site Organization