Located in Constance, the Anderson Ferry is named for George Anderson, who bought it in 1817 from Raleigh Colston. The Andersons built a large stone house overlooking the ferry where the family resided and operated a tavern. The Anderson family owned the ferry operation until 1841, when son Evan transferred the property to Montague McClure. According to legend, the transfer was the result of a lost poker game. However, there is evidence the Underground Railroad played a role in the property transfer.