Located in the Carters Mill subdivision, this is a family cemetery measuring 50 x50 feet, and containing 2 known internments. Burials range from 1897-1904. The above stone is near the Gunpowder Church, which on the 1883 map was on property, or near property, of the above man. (the church has its own deed registered in Courthouse deed book) according to 1880 Census, the above were Mr. and Mrs. Abram Crisler, both, as well as parents, born in Virginia. Living with them were daughters Lucy Ann 29, and Missouri 19; both born in Kentucky. Next door was son John 38, and wife Mary E. 35. Their children were Emma 10, Elisabeth 7, and Mary 2. All born in Kentucky. The Crislerswere also from Madison County VA and part of Germanna settlement in early 1700's. The land was once owned by Leonard Crisler in 1825, when he sold land for the old church on June 18th. At the time, a John Crisler was a trustee of the Gunpowder Baptist Church . Researched by Wm. Conrad. NOTE: In 1999, there was a proposal to relocate this cemetery because of the Carter’s Mill Subdivision being developed there. However, after some of the descendants of the Crislers
came forward with objections, Rhein Interests withdrew their relocation proposal (see Fiscal Court minutes October 26, 1999). The cemetery was incorporated into the subdivision.